The deputy speaker of the House of Commons has said he is “truly devastated” by the death of his daughter Natalie.

Lindsay Hoyle, the MP for Chorley, Lancashire, posted a statement on Twitter in which he said his family would never be the same again without her.

Ms Lewis-Hoyle, 28, was reportedly found unconscious by emergency services at an address in Heybridge, Essex, on Friday morning and died at the scene.

He said: “I am truly devastated by the death of our beautiful daughter Natalie. Our family will never be the same without our loving granddaughter, sister & aunty.

“Thank you for the kind support we’ve received it is overwhelming. Please continue to respect our privacy & allow us to grieve.”

The mother of Ms Lewis-Hoyle, former Maldon district council leader Miriam Lewis, also put out a statement on social media, appealing for the public’s help in relation to her daughter’s death.

Ms Lewis said: “It is with unbearable sadness that I have to announce the sudden death of my beautiful, much adored daughter Natalie.

“I need your help.

“If Natty contacted you, by phone, text, messenger or any other means on Thursday evening 14th December between 20.00 and midnight please let me know through this page or contact A/Insp Jon Loudon at Essex Police incident no. 158

“Any little scrap of information may be more relevant than you imagine.

“Her mobile phone is missing and may have been left on the 9.18 from Liverpool Street to Ipswich on Thursday evening.

“If you found an i-phone please hand it in quoting Essex Police incident 158.

“Natalie is my only child, my mini-me. Please help me find out what happened to her in the hours before her death.”

Police reportedly said the death was not being treated as suspicious.

More from UK

A spokesman is reported to have said: “Officers were contacted by the ambulance service shortly after 6.45am on Friday, December 15 with reports a 28-year-old woman had been found unconscious at an address in the Beeches Road area of Heybridge. Sadly she died at the scene.

“Her death is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.”